Fan troubles

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by snofire, Nov 23, 2008.

1. snofire

snofire

The fan on my AAO worked fine for the first few weeks I had it. Last night, I noticed that it was making an annoying "buzzing" noise quite unlike anything it had produced before. I tried shutting it down, but the problem remains. I downloaded a utility to control the fan speed, and it only turns on the fan when the cpu temperature rises to 70 degrees C.
    That isn't too high a temp to damage the processor or any of the components, is it? I don't think it would be, but I'm a little cautious about changing the defaults that acer built into the fan control.

snofire, Nov 23, 2008
  2. snofire

r0underss

i have the same problem, gonna bring it for check up

r0underss, Nov 24, 2008
  3. snofire

dattaway

My fan is always on. But at a very low speed. And this thing stays hot. Very hot. Sometimes it shuts down or freezes.

dattaway, Nov 24, 2008
  4. snofire

StuntD

yeah my fan always stays on and its getting louder and louder everyday. I installed AA1Fan control and that stops the noise for me. i just got my AA1 and im going out of country for a month. so when i come back im going to call up Acer about the fan noise problem and see what they do about this?
    anyone call Acer up for fan noise?

StuntD, Dec 6, 2008
Ask a Question