Fanless Aspire One on Intrepid?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by spaceholiday, Oct 30, 2008.

1. spaceholiday

Guest Guest

Guest, Nov 6, 2008
  2. spaceholiday

spaceholiday

Okay, I've got acerfand 0.04 and my BIOS is 0.3301.

What exactly does "reflashing the BIOS" mean?

spaceholiday, Nov 7, 2008
  3. spaceholiday

spaceholiday

Hi ozorba-
    I've got version 0.04, which from what I can tell is the new set of files. Perhaps I need to update my BIOS? What exactly does that do? I've looked around for information on BIOSes but am still unsure what they do.

spaceholiday, Nov 7, 2008
  4. spaceholiday

Guest Guest

Here is the BIOS release note (well from v.03304 down to v0.3104) . Hope it helps..

Guest, Nov 7, 2008
  5. spaceholiday

spaceholiday

Guess what!

It still doesn't work. I've put Mandriva 2009 on my AA1 and got up to the point where when I checked the system log it said acerfand detected an unsupported BIOS and aborted. I've flashed the BIOS to 3305 and have the latest version of the fan files. The files have the correct permissions as given in Perry's previous post. Now, when I type in acerfand (logged in as root), I get:

Code:
    bash: acerfand: command not found
    As I understand it, adding the text to rc.local only affects the program running at startup, and wouldn't make it run if I put it in now. Is this correct? And does anyone have any idea why I'm having such a hard time with this? It's been over a week now!

:?

spaceholiday, Nov 9, 2008
Ask a Question