Fanless mod

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by casainho, Jul 29, 2008.

1. casainho

casainho

EDIT: The hack was made after some days searching and cooperating between a few users - read how to do the hack on wiki page:
    http://wiki.aspireone.net/index.php/How ... _noisy_fan

I bought today my AA1 and is work perfectly for me - I am running GNU/Linux Ubuntu while typing this words :)

I don't need more RAM, I don't need a higher speed disk, I just need to be able to enjoy the silence, please!! Can anyone think in a mod to turn off this noise of the fan?

Maybe removing the fan? - or find a better one that doesn't make noise? - I will pay for it.

Thank you.

NOTE: I am an owner of Asus eee pc 701 and I am happy with the fan of it, but very unhappy with fan noise of AA1 :-(

casainho, Jul 29, 2008
  2. casainho

stiopa

nice idea, thats why i still like pda`s and my n800 coz there is no noise :D

stiopa, Jul 30, 2008
  3. casainho

niem102

Removing the fan would probably be a bad idea, as you're then risking overheating and doing damage to it. Someone mentioned somewhere else on these forums that maybe you could try adding a resistor to slow it down some. Otherwise I bet using a different fan would work well and wouldn't cost very much.

niem102, Aug 22, 2008
  4. casainho

casainho

I am running right now with the fan stopped :) -- I found a way to do that on software, read more on wiki page:
    http://wiki.aspireone.net/index.php/How ... _noisy_fan

casainho, Aug 22, 2008
  5. casainho

stiopa

lol :D did you check this link before posting ?

stiopa, Sep 3, 2008
  6. casainho

daniel33

wow ... looks like some spammer repeatedly tried and succeeded in spamming the wiki page

daniel33, Sep 3, 2008
Ask a Question