Favorite Browser Add-Ons/Extensions?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MayorDonut, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Which browser(s) do you prefer to use?

1. Internet Explorer

2. Firefox

3. Google Chrome

4. Safari

5. Opera

6. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MayorDonut

MayorDonut

Do you find yourself more enticed by add-ons that enhance your productivity throughout the day, or do you prefer to have in-browser games readily available for when you have some free time? Or, perhaps, do you enjoy social media infused extensions which allow you to share sites and stories with ease?

Not being a major user of extensions or add-ons myself, I'm interested in seeing what types of extensions other people install for their daily or routine Internet needs. Please feel free to respond to this regardless of your browser of choice!

MayorDonut, Apr 11, 2016
  2. MayorDonut

Sefie

I prefer Google over all other browsers I have tried so far, it's the only one who hasn't failed me so far. Actually Google Chrome used to be my secondary browser, but Firefox started acting up after the flash incident. I tried to give it a chance, but things didn't get better. So I ended up getting rid of it fro good. Now Chrome is how I roll.

Sefie, Apr 12, 2016
  3. MayorDonut

IcyBC

I am using Safari and so far the only add-on I had on it is Qmee, which is something I earned when I am searching for something that matched their advertising. I haven't found any add-on that I couldn't live without.

IcyBC, Apr 12, 2016
  4. MayorDonut

IBMPC8088

I still use Lynx. It hasn't crashed on me yet. ;) (For graphics I'll use Opera or Konqueror, and for typing and doing other things sometimes Firefox, but usually Lynx for text and Opera for graphical or other things. The only other time I use Firefox is if I have to with a system that doesn't recognize Opera or Lynx because it isn't as mainstream as Firefox and the others are, or requires plug-ins and Firefox is the only other choice besides Chrome for using it on a site)

IBMPC8088, Apr 12, 2016
  5. MayorDonut

obliviousme

My main browser is firefox and I've been using this for years. It does crash occasionally which is really annoying but i can't seem to part with this browser. I have adblock plus addon installed in my browser and that's pretty much the only add on i have since adding more i believe will slow down the browsing experience.

obliviousme, May 10, 2016
  6. MayorDonut

b1gal

AdBlock Plus is a must-have on every browser that I use. I spend so much time on YouTube that the ads would really aggravate me. I am a Chrome user on Windows; however, on Mac I use Safari since it is integrated in the OS and I don't really see any reason to switch.

b1gal, May 10, 2016
  7. MayorDonut

ReyPila

Adblock Plus, SeoQuake

ReyPila, May 11, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  8. MayorDonut

IBMPC8088

Greasemonkey, Firebug, or Platypus are my 3 favorites. Adblock Plus is essential for most sites that over-do it on ads, and there's another one that blocks youtube ads whenever adblock doesn't. All of these are top selections. If doing web development I'd use 2 out of the 3 above, and then adblock for casual web use.

I always have at least one alternative browser without adblock on it, just in case I have to use a page or site that tries to detect or mess with adblock, or doesn't recognize that it's not on for their site if it detects the plug-in being present on the browser (even if off). Always plan ahead. ;)

IBMPC8088, May 12, 2016
  9. MayorDonut

Sealpikachu

I use chrome and the only add on I use is Hola. Mexican netflix is honestly not that great so it is wonderful to have access to the american one. That and HBO Go. A girl needs to watch Game of Thrones.

Sealpikachu, May 12, 2016
Ask a Question