Fedora 10 and SD Cards

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ovidius, Feb 28, 2009.

1. ovidius

ovidius

Hi,

I have read through the threads in this forum, but have not found any answer, which is as explicit as I would like ;-)

My problem is that on my Aspire One (110L, 1GB RAM) under Fedora 10 the SD cards get corrupted by suspend. The unmount script, which can be found here. Did not help me very much. Will updating the BIOS to 3309 fix this? Or do I have to live with this bug?

Another problem is that the first SD card inserted is not automounted. Only the second SD card (does not matter if RHS or LHS) will be automatically recognized.

Can somebody help me with this one?

ovidius, Feb 28, 2009
  2. ovidius

jcm

jcm, Mar 3, 2009
  3. ovidius

ovidius

Thank you, but this was the unmounting script I wrote about. It does not truely help, in answering my first question.

I got the unmounting script to work now, but mounting and unmounting for suspend is not such a desirable thing to do in the first place. It means that I must check, that the SD card is not busy in the moment, before suspending.
    I also understand that building a custom kernel may fix the problem or updating the bios to 3309 may fix it, too.

Again may I ask: Has anyone succeded in either way with Fedora 10?

ovidius, Mar 4, 2009
  4. ovidius

imarune

imarune, Mar 8, 2009
Ask a Question