Fedora 11: Issues, work-arounds etc.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by linker3000, Jun 11, 2009.

1. linker3000

linker3000

Please post your Fedora 11 issues, tips and work-arounds here.

Please restrict this thread to things you have identified and resolved rather than asking for help (post help requests as new topics) - this way the thread is a useful list of knowledge rather than some useful stuff interspersed with lots of pleas for help.

Cheers

L3K

EDIT: Mods - would you make this sticky? Thanks!

linker3000, Jun 11, 2009
  2. linker3000

eti

eti, Jun 11, 2009
  3. linker3000

A_I

I can't get Adobe AIR installed. it starts to install and then suddenly saying that an error occured because administrator does not allow to install the app. I have chmoded the bin file and I work as SU. Does anybody have same issue?

UPD: I managed to get AIR working. The problem was missing packages.
    If you have similar problem just install those packages with command:

yum install gtk2-devel.i586 nss.i586 libxml2-devel.i586 libxslt.i586 gnome-keyring.i586 rpm-devel.i586

A_I, Jun 11, 2009
  4. linker3000

rolfijn

Some tips for sound. These are things I've done on my Fedora 11 preview installation on a AA1. I noticed a positive difference.

• * Change resample-method = speex-float-3 to resample-method = trivial in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf.
    • * Much improved sound performance in dosbox put export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=esd in ./bash_profile and re-login
    regards,
    Rolfijn

rolfijn, Jun 11, 2009
Ask a Question