Fedora 12 wireless issue

Discussion in 'Linux' started by finnbakk, Jan 15, 2010.

1. finnbakk

finnbakk

I have installed Fedora 12 XFCE spin on my AAO, 512 MB Rama, 8 GB SSD.
    Everything works smooth, except than I have issues with wireless. The wifi is often broken and I have to reconnect.

finnbakk, Jan 15, 2010
  2. finnbakk

bailout

Can't really help with your problem. I have just tried the F12 lxde spin on a usb pen for a short while and the wireless worked ok but it wasn't a very long test. I was wondering though why you had chosen the xfce spin this time? I saw that had posted about using the lxde one with F11 and seemed happy with it. I was considering trying the F12 lxde spin instead of ubuntu.

bailout, Jan 17, 2010
  3. finnbakk

meine

did you update all software? most of the time these glitches dissappear. my AA0 with F12 XFCE does wifi very well, but better after updates.

meine, Jan 21, 2010
  4. finnbakk

finnbakk

I decided to try the XFCE after having tried Kuki, http://www.kuki.me, which also is XFCE based. For some reasons I didn't like LXDE, found it less confirable, but it maybe is a bit lighter than XFCE, not sure about that. I am still missing a distro that both runs totally smooth and has a modern look. 512 MB Ram isn't much for multitasking anyway. I have tried #Crunchbang Linux http://crunchbanglinux.org/ also, with Openbox, which is a rock solid distro but with a rather primitive GUI, but runs very fast, specially with the Kuki kernel. The trouble with #Crunchbang and special with Kuki is that the progress seems to be slow for upgrading and maintainence, specially for Kuki. But Kuki kernel seems to fit the AAO "like a glove".

finnbakk, Jan 26, 2010
Ask a Question