Fedora 13 LXDE password nagging

Discussion in 'Linux' started by finnbakk, Jul 2, 2010.

1. finnbakk

finnbakk

Fedora 13 LXDE works perfect on my basic AA1.
    The only irritation I have is about the nagging for password. How can I set up LXDE for auto log in? How can I stop the password nag after log in, when starting wifi?

finnbakk, Jul 2, 2010
  2. finnbakk

meine

hi Finnbakk,

indeed F13 lxde runs very well!

basically for automatic login there are two options:

(1) from the LXDE.org installation [I found out that this doesn't work on F13 though because of absence of the menu-item] From the menu, select: System -> Administration -> Login window. This will give you a dialogue box: Under "Security" if you uncheck "Automatic login" it will give you a dialog box to enter your password at startup. (This gives you time to make your choice.) Then, at startup, look for the session options. This might be a symbol like a paper and pen, displayed under the password box and next to the shutdown symbol. Choose LXDE, and start up. This should be all you need.

(2) using SLiM (available through add/remove software on F13 lxde). haven't tried it myself yet. see thread http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=238157

further I think the need for a password starting wifi has to do with access privileges for the wifi connection and has nothing to do with system passwords. for the wifi you should somewhere be able to keep the password for future automatic logins to the router.

Meine

meine, Jul 11, 2010
  3. finnbakk

RockDoctor

The file that needs modification is to enable autologin is /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf
    From the lxdm.conf man page:

RockDoctor, Jul 13, 2010
  4. finnbakk

finnbakk

Thank you! I have changed to the Lubuntu OS, but this post helped me getting autologin in Lubuntu as well :)

finnbakk, Aug 18, 2010
Ask a Question