Fedora 8 drivers not founding..

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ptechno, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ptechno

ptechno

Hello,
    I have installed Fedora 8 in the Aspire One and it doesnt recognise the LAN, WAN, audio... pretty nothing.
    And I cant find any drivers for the linux, AND the thing is that the Linpus drivers would work with the fedora OS as its the same OS!!!
    So PLEASE, Im getting very annoyed and I want the damn thing to work!!
    I just need linux drivers (and explain how to install them)
    Thanks..

ptechno, Aug 1, 2008
  2. ptechno

jukk

Linux drivers are included in the kernel or as kernel modules. The linpus kernel is customized for this laptop. You might be able to install the linpus kernel or compiling one using the linpus kernel config.

jukk, Aug 5, 2008
  3. ptechno

ammoQ

First of all, unless you really really know what you are doing, leave the linpus kernel as it is. Getting all the nasty little bits (WLAN, cardreader etc.) to work is kind of a challenge. A few usefull drivers (i.e. those required for VPNs) are missing in the Linpus kernel, though. In the how-to-guides section, I've explained how to create them - and also posted the kernel modules for those who cannot be bothered to compile them.
    Linpus is based on FC8, so you can use most other FC8 packages to make the AA1 do whatever you want.

ammoQ, Aug 5, 2008
  4. ptechno

rkx5

rkx5, Sep 3, 2008
Ask a Question