Fedora 8 on Aspire one 150 ---I made it.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rkx5, Sep 3, 2008.

1. rkx5

SuzuKube

It will be very interesting to keep all linpus drivers... On a fedora 8. I think it is possible, but i don't know how to do this... Perhaps install a fedora core 8 and coping some fils from linpus, like the kernel and the boot scripts?

It woould be wonderfull if the card reader can work as good as in the linpus version!

SuzuKube, Sep 10, 2008
  2. rkx5

scottro

The thought hit me tonight--I wonder how the eeedora spin would do on the one?
    The wireless card is the same (though if the eeedora spin hasn't been updated, it's probably using an older MadWifi version of the driver. Of course, if they updated it to work with the 901, it's a different wireless card now.

scottro, Sep 11, 2008
  3. rkx5

che2269

thanks scottro, i tried ti enable livna repos following the instructions in the link but is not working...
    i did open the terminal as a root and then type "yum install madwifi" but an error message is displayed, something like "cannot find..."
    should i buy an usb wireless detector until i learn how to sort out my madwifi issue?

che2269, Sep 11, 2008
  4. rkx5

scottro

No, I would just follow the other instructions. That is, I should really add to the page that one has to install the livna rpm first, but it has been problematic for a few people.

If it doesn't work with livna, then I would use the other method, download the tarball, get gcc and company, then do the compilling. Even on the relatively underpowered AA1, it only takes a few minutes.

By the other instructions, I mean the step by step ones of downloading the tarball, compiling, doing make and make install. As I say there, you will have to do it each time you update your kernel, but it's really quite a quick process.

scottro, Sep 11, 2008
Ask a Question