Fedora 9 Drivers?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by maddog187, Sep 28, 2008.

1. maddog187

maddog187

I hate Linpus Linux, but I love Fedora. I found that the kernel sucked for what I needed for and it was not a full blown version of Linux that I require even after tweaking. Anyways, I have it all up and running but the sound is not working the way it should be but most of all the resolution really is awful. It is currently 640x480. Anyone know how to fix this issue? I tried using the i810 Intel driver but then my KDE would fire up. I am not so worried about my WiFi as I know that I need to play with the MadWiFi drivers but the resolution is driving me nuts. So thank you in advance if you have any solutions to get my resolution back up to 1024x600. Thanks.

maddog187, Sep 28, 2008
  2. maddog187

maddog187

I fixed the issue. I had to tweak my /etc/X11/xorg.conf to the following:

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "single head configuration"
    Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Monitor0"
    Modeline "1024x600" 50.40 1024 1048 1184 1344 600 600 619 625
    EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "intel"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device "Videocard0"
    Monitor "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth 24
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x600" "800x600" "640x480"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

I dont have the twin view but I dont need it. If you need it then added with the system-config-display command. Then the last thing I had to do is go to my fedora app launcher --> system --> system settings --> appearance --> fonts and adjust the fonts to a smaller font so everything could fit into the screen. After that, I was all done. Restarted X11 with ctrl-alt-backspace and I was good to go. I now have perfect resolution and everything fits into my screen. I hope this helps anyone that wants to get rid of that lame Linpus and wants to roll with proper Fedora. I love the KDE desktop for Fedora 9. It is very slick.

maddog187, Sep 29, 2008
Ask a Question