Fedora best linux distribution ?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by colonel, Mar 18, 2009.

1. colonel

colonel

I have been an ubuntu person for years, but I was bowled over how good Fedora 10 is. Everything works out of the box on my 150.

ubuntu has been the populist king for years, as it returned to the CD format (instead of the stogy DVD distributions that the other main distros were competing for), easy live view install, and great hardware capability (the constant bugbear of linux).

Fedora live version seems to have eclipsed it now it terms of ease of use and compatability. Also the yum (rpm based) package manager, is now as good, or better, then aptitude (the debian based manager ubuntu uses).

Additionaly, there are lots of great optimisation advice for both SSD and HDD aspires for Fedora, e.g.:
    http://jorge.fbarr.net/2008/11/10/fedor ... spire-one/

I guess I am posting here to get people to look at Fedora, as the posts in the sub-forum are low, and I thinkts its the leading linux dist at the moment, so well worth a look.

rgds

colonel, Mar 18, 2009
  2. colonel

colonel

sry, just seen the best distro link. will repost there!

colonel, Mar 18, 2009
Ask a Question