Fedora Live USB?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by sertse, Nov 27, 2008.

1. sertse

sertse

sertse, Nov 27, 2008
  2. sertse

grwkak

I have done just that -installed to USB Flash Drive using persistent mode and using the Fedora utility.

Its a little slow - but wireless works, as does sound and you can suspend. My left card reader works - I had a card in it during boot The right reader does not seem to work unless you have a card in during boot. Add/remove software is slow - it gives a waiting for other tasks message (noted elsewhere in this forum). I do not seem to be able to edit the system files - I would like to apply the tweaks to get the wireless LEDs to work etc.

Guy

grwkak, Nov 28, 2008
  3. sertse

RockDoctor

LEDs won't work with the ath5k wireless driver, which is what's built in to the kernel. If you really want the LEDs to work, you'll have to use the madwifi driver (or ndiswrapper with the WinXP atheros driver). Search the forum. While you're at it, you can search the forum for how to get the card readers working (even if you don't have a card in either slot at boot time). I'm not on my AA1 right now, so I'm doing this from memory; if it works it'll save you a search.

First, you need to ensure that the following modules are loaded: mmc_core, mmc_block, sdhci. Then, add the following line to /etc/rc.local (right above the "exit 0" line):
    Code:
    /sbin/modprobe pciehp pciehp_force=1
    Reboot and enjoy

RockDoctor, Nov 29, 2008
  4. sertse

grwkak

Thanks for the response about the LEDs. It is also mentioned in the Ubuntu Wiki for the Aspire - the LED mods do not work for 8.10. I will try the card reader tweak. I think I tried running as root, it did not seem to like it on the USB install. But will check again.

Guy

grwkak, Nov 29, 2008
Ask a Question