FFScroll in 10.5.6 iATKOS

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Desroches, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Desroches

Desroches

Sorry if this has been answered, I've been searching through the forum trying to find an answer. If you can redirect me to a topic with the answer that'd be great!

Here's my problem: I installed up to 10.5.6 and was able to click via tapping, but I really like the scrolling feature. I downloaded and installed the FFscroll package for 10.5.6 but after I installed it I was unable to click by tapping. The clicking noise the buttons make are annoying as hell when you're sitting in a quiet class. Have I done something wrong, or did the installation go funny, or am I forced to decide between scrolling or tap clicking.

Thanks, Desroches.

Desroches, Mar 2, 2009
  2. Desroches

Infected24

Have you tried activate "Clicking" on System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Trackpad?

This works for me.

Infected24, Mar 26, 2009
  3. Desroches

adamsweeting

I don't think that option is available when you have FFScroll installed... Well I don't anyway. Just shows keyboard options.

I'm gonna remove FFScroll. I never use the scrolling function, and I want to be able to tap to click again!

adamsweeting, Mar 26, 2009
  4. Desroches

adamsweeting

After messing around for about 2 hours last night, I found out that 10.5.6 seems to remove the trackpad for some people.

I've got it back by downloading the Trackpad.prefpane, and double clicking it. So I now have the tap to click function back once again!

I'm not too sure if FFScroll can co-exist. I'll test it out.

adamsweeting, Mar 27, 2009
  5. Desroches

Shoesy

I always find it a little saddening how well the trackpad scrolling works in linux otb and how well it doesnt in leopard.

Also - why does the sleep work fine in linux, and not in leopard?

I would run linux, but safari 4 rocks my world. Maybe chameleon 2 will solve these problems? Who knows- at least it should get a correctly proportioned apple on my screen at boot time (and hibernating!).

Shoesy, Mar 27, 2009
  6. Desroches

adamsweeting

OS X is not supposed to run on PC hardware... Apple want you to buy thier hardware to run thier OS. That is why we have to "get around" certain things. A real Mac is EFI based, whereas a PC is BIOS based... all the different PC hardwares have different device ID's and vendor ID's, and work with slightly different tolerances etc etc - hence the varied performance of OS X on different hardware configurations.

You should be thankfull that it runs at all!

Linux on the other hand IS supposed to be run on PC harware.

adamsweeting, Mar 27, 2009
  7. Desroches

Shoesy

Thanks for the lecture - I do have five macs, so I am aware of the hardware differences.

I guess my real wish is that apple really do launch their own netbook so I could stop with all the hacking around.

Shoesy, Mar 28, 2009
Ask a Question