File Manager

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rowlers, Mar 20, 2009.

1. rowlers

rowlers

Hi Peeps,

Just come to have a look through the stuff on my hard drive, but the only things I can browse are the documents, music, pictures, videos and downloads folder. I used to be able to click on My Disk and everything that is on the hard disk was diplayed, now nothing is there! I have not installed anything so why has it changed?

Any ideas?

Cheers
    (AAO on Linpus)

EDIT now I can't browse any folders and I get a disk write error from deluge - Is my HDD kaput?
    I'm still using the AAO now though?

EDIT 2 , rebooted, deluge is now happy downloading again, I can browse all except the MY Disk.

rowlers, Mar 20, 2009
  2. rowlers

csmo

In file manager, go to View and check "advanced view" or whatever it's called. Can't remember, but you should find something to that effect, which will give you back your "My Disk" view.

csmo, Mar 21, 2009
  3. rowlers

rowlers

yeh managed to sort that, why did it change? Who knows, keot getting strange mount/access errors even when copying to/from usb stick and SD cards, so just restored from my las back and all is now happy, deluge is dowloading like a good un!

Cheers

rowlers, Mar 22, 2009
  4. rowlers

csmo

Same thing happened to me when I was using Linpus. A restore did the trick as in your case too. I never found out what triggered the errors though. You know, it's like Linpus is working in its own mysterious ways. :p

Or perhaps it's not a coincidence that the Linpus OS is a mess. For the fun of it try go to Linpus' web pages and have a look around there. It's one big mess with links not working -- pretty much a non-functional website -- not quite the same with their operating system which is working somewhat, but really, really could do with a serious update/upgrade. The last Linpus release I got hold on (1.0.15e) didn't fix very much from previous builds. Wonder why they don't wanna fix things instead of leaving both their OS and website in a messy state.

csmo, Mar 22, 2009
  5. rowlers

optimistic77

Hey, linux newbie here (the AA1 and Linpus is my first brush) and I have similar problem - but what's been compromised seems to be the connection between the acer and an external HDD. Deluge is taking forever to recheck directories for files I've already part-DLed, returning 0% for some I *know* were nearly finished before this problem started, and giving me messages like
    "torrent paused: disk write error, open failed: '.... avi'. Read-only file system" and
    "torrent paused: disk write error, open failed: '... .pdf'. No such file or directory"
    even when the torrent in question is brand new (i.e. has just been added, and so the file - but not the directory I'm saving it to - has just been created. Nothing is DLing now except for torrents which are creating files on the Acer's own file system, so as far as I can see all the problems stem from its failing to open / save to this external drive. This was al FINE a couple of days ago, and the hold-up now is driving me NUTS. Could you spell out for me how you rebooted, or 'restored from my las back'? How did you fix this? or does my problem differ enough from yours that you reckon you can't help me? Fingers crossed ;-D

optimistic77, Apr 16, 2009
Ask a Question