Films

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Gazbo, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Gazbo

Gazbo

Does anyone know how 2 load and watch a movie on the aspire one (linux) eg from a flash drive.
    Cheers.

Gazbo, Jan 20, 2009
  2. Gazbo

daldred

Depends what format it's in.

If it's in a format handled by the standard Media Master, plug in the drive, select 'removable' on the Media Master open menu, choose the video file and play it. Essentially the same for VLC, xine, Kaffeine.

If it's an .iso of a DVD, say, then I found that Kaffeine would open it but it took a little tweaking: I can't remember the steps off hand but if this is what you need ask again and I'll try to recall what I did.

daldred, Jan 21, 2009
  3. Gazbo

Gazbo

Thanks David
    Did u mean plug a DVD drive into my Acer one, to play a normal DVD, What i am after is to play a movie on my Acer one on a aeroplane, train ect ,I can get iso files on my flashdrive, but u have lost me, what is kaffeine how do i get it, and as u said set it up, i am new to linux and am a frustrated user , so will need a lot of help.
    Thanks
    Gazbo

Gazbo, Jan 22, 2009
  4. Gazbo

daldred

No - I meant ripping it to an .iso file, and playing it from a USB key, and SDHC card or even from the internal card, if you've got the space for it!

I've been looking at the question again, and I think VLC might actually be easier. I ahve a pretty weirdly formatted DVD from a voluntary organistaion which I have to use regularly, and Kaffeine handled it better than VLC, but for ordinary DVD isos VLC is probably the choice.

There's a guide here to installing VLC. Once you have it installed, just use the 'Open File' option onthe file menu, browse to where you have the .iso file, and click OK.

daldred, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question