Finally! A padded neoprene case for AA1

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Pontificator, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Pontificator

Pontificator

Pontificator, Oct 14, 2008
  2. Pontificator

krypto89

nice one. too bad i just picked up a 8.9 zeroshock III from japan. i would have seriously put this one in the running. probably would have ended up with the zeroshock with the 30% www.live.com rebate on ebay....

krypto89, Oct 15, 2008
  3. Pontificator

MoonDog

I just noticed this case from Mobile Edge on Newegg's website but am unsure about the dimensions.
    Have you received yours? Do you have the 6-cell battery version of the AA1? Does it seem like it would fit?

Thanks in advance for the information.. Meanwhile will continue to look for other case/sleeves for my AA1!

MoonDog, Oct 20, 2008
  4. Pontificator

Pontificator

It shipped today. I probably won't receive it until Thursday or Friday.

Pontificator, Oct 21, 2008
  5. Pontificator

Pontificator

Well, surprise surprise. it arrived today.

VERY NICE. Thick, neoprene padding. Well made. The inside of the Slip Suit has an interior flap that helps protect the AA1 against being scratched by the zipper (nice touch). The flap is oriented so that you place the AA1 in the cover battery first with the top (screen) toward the side where the inside flap is sewn to the inside of the case. When you buy it, you'll see, it helps the AA1 to lock into the flap.

So....buy one! :cool:

A word for 6-cell battery owners. I don't think that the Mobile Edge Slip Suit is made for AA1's or HP2133's with batteries larger than 3 cells....at least not without some pronounced stretching. Also, it has one exterior pocket (zips open and closed). It's pretty tight, though, and probably not much good for anything else but perhaps a CD or two, maybe a couple of USB flash drives and/or a card reader (like you need one since the AA1 has 2 built in). If you tried to stuff the AC power cord/brick into it you'd probably stretch it pretty badly.

Pontificator, Oct 23, 2008
  6. Pontificator

Pandemonium

What are the similar case options that would work with the 6-cell battery?

Pandemonium, Oct 23, 2008
  7. Pontificator

dtregear

Ditto this question. Plus I would like it in lurid colours, preferably with bold stripes/flowers etc.

dtregear, Oct 23, 2008
  8. Pontificator

Pontificator

get thee some neoprene, some YKK zippers, and a sewing machine. Get cracking! :D

Pontificator, Oct 24, 2008
Ask a Question