Firefox and linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nue, Dec 26, 2008.

1. nue

nue

Anyone else notice that in just about all the recent kernels that Firefox has graphical latency issues? Been through Linux Mint 6, Mandriva Gnome 2009, openSUSE 11, and currently attempting Xubuntu. Also dual booting with XP atm.

For example, browsing anything in youtube will have some graphical lag if you attempt to scroll through it. Turning on any sort of graphical eye candy for anything will just basically leave you stuck with a second or two till the system catches up. Am I the only one experiencing this? Or does everyone just kinda lives with this? XP doesn't seem to have this issue, even when its under load (FW/AV the works).

Currently running with the 160HD/1g ram.

nue, Dec 26, 2008
  2. nue

BazookaAce

I'm having the same issue. I installed the "Flash Block"-addon for Firefox. It helps alot! If you then wish to watch youtube-videoes, just press the playbutton, and it will play as usual.

BazookaAce, Dec 26, 2008
Ask a Question