Firefox-File/Send Link to TBird-Not Wkg-any ideas

Discussion in 'Linux' started by derek, Jun 28, 2009.

1. derek

derek

I often wish to forward on a website Im looking at and use the File send Link function regularly on IE and Firefox on other Pcs,
    After finding limitations with the Aspire emai client I switched to TBird and have liked that.
    However the send link function only jumps me to the old Mail account.
    The only work around I have is to copy and paste. But would like an automated version. Any ideas out there???
    Thanks in advance.

derek, Jun 28, 2009
  2. derek

barrie

Hi Derek,

All links in TB work for me, :) I would check out your TB account settings also make TB the preferred email client. ;)

barrie, Jun 29, 2009
  3. derek

derek

Hi barrie,

Have checked tb and firefox settings and preferences but cannot see any relevant to the file/send link issue.
    I am on ff 2014 and TB 2006, are you on a more advanced versions and that is why it works.

re Preferred applications, would love this to work too, I have tried. I would like to click the mail icon on the opening page and go to TB but it just defaults to the a1 mail programm whatever i do. currently having to right click/network to find the link to TB.

Any other ideas , will give it a go.

derek, Jun 29, 2009
  4. derek

barrie

Hi Derek,

I don’t use FF I am an Opera user and am using a XFCE desktop not the original Acer one, if you are using the original desktop then make sure you have changed the group-app.xml file

This is the line you would be looking for And it must be written as follows, please note the beginning and end < > You may have to play with the number though but basically choose one that is not in use.
    <app sequence=”3” acs=”email”>/usr/share/applications/mozilla-thunderbird.desktop</app>
    Instead of the AME desktop line

And if you are using a XFCE desktop then go into your apps folder (above location) and drag the TB Icon onto the desktop.

Have a look here re desktop Icons. viewtopic.php?f=67&t=13790

barrie, Jun 30, 2009
  5. derek

derek

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_mail_client

is an article i have found, But for Linux it talks about 3 options - entering via the Firefox bar, Gnome and KDE

what are the last 2???, would i have them on my standard aa1??. any recommendations??

derek, Jul 5, 2009
Ask a Question