Firefox keeps crashing in youtube

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Hostile17, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Hostile17

Hostile17

Hi

I'm running an ex display Acer 1 ZG5 (I think!) 8G flash drive machine on Linpus Lite. Although previously a bit quirky (fingerpad seems to act as a forward/back shortcut for the browser sometimes, very annoying! / Youtube links open in new tab for some reason, occasional tabls closing when you touch them) never before has a Firefox session frozen before.

I'm running Firefox 2 as came with the machine. Several times last night on youtube it froze about 2/3 through downloading the next youtube page, would not allow any new Firefox sessions to start, and could only be released by the control alt delete end process function.

I suspect problem relates to Flash being out of date? Does that sound right? I've tried to dowload Firefox 3.5 but frankly don't understand what to do in Linpus, it seems to unzip every component and have no idea how to execute the installation.

Any help appreciated!

Hostile17, Sep 24, 2009
  2. Hostile17

Hostile17

OK, either this is a really easy known issue, or no-one knows what I'm talking about. I would like to update to the latest flash and to Firefox 3 or 3.5 but no-one is showing me any easy way of doing this. I see the referalls to blogs and stuff, but I don't understand any of what is being written there. Im not great with windows so have no chance with Linpus...

Hostile17, Sep 26, 2009
  3. Hostile17

RockDoctor

For the latest flash player:
    http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
    Download it to a known directory. Not sure where Linpus would download it by default, probably ~/Downloads.
    Open a terminal window, then:
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    sudo rpm -Uvh adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm

RockDoctor, Sep 30, 2009
  4. Hostile17

cabunny

Re: Inatalling Flash player

Hi
    I tried to do what you suggested but it now the terminal says

preparing ...

and then does nothing.

Can anyone suggest what I should do please?

many thanks

cabunny

cabunny, Nov 9, 2009
Ask a Question