[firefox] More vertical space with Fission

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by 2manydjs, Aug 5, 2008.

1. 2manydjs

2manydjs

No matter which OS you're using, on the One Firefox can always use some extra vertical space to get the most of those 600 pixels. I expect like most I have disabled the bookmark bar in Firefox, but I also disabled the status bar. I immediately noticed a problem; I didn't know when the page was fully loaded..

Fission will show you the progress bar in the URL text field, as introduced by Apple's Safari a few years back. Now you don't need the status bar for progress and you get back a few pixels of browsing pleasure!

2manydjs, Aug 5, 2008
  2. 2manydjs

retsaw

I use Tiny Menu which makes all the menus submenus of a single menu saving space on the menubar so I can move the back/forward buttons, location bar and search bar there, so I can also disable the navigation toolbar. This does cause the side effect of making the location bar disappear when you use Firefox's fullscreen mode, but XFCE also has it's own fullscreen mode for apps, which you can activate with the Alt-F11 shortcut.

This extension looks useful, but I also use the status bar to see where links lead, so unless there is an extension which provides me another way of easily viewing that info I'm not comfortable removing the status bar.

retsaw, Aug 5, 2008
  3. 2manydjs

veetrik

I usually press F11 in firefox to eliminate the top menu bar for more verticle space.

veetrik, Aug 5, 2008
  4. 2manydjs

Davidcowling

F11 is the way forward.

make use of what youve got instead of getting more software to do the job!

Davidcowling, Aug 18, 2008
Ask a Question