First time booting - Help :(

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by wonk, Sep 15, 2008.

1. wonk

wonk

Hello!

I'm new to the Aspire One community! But it's not starting good :'(
    I have received my brand new AA1 this morning. I turn it on and I can't pass the ''Select OS'' screen. I choose English Windows or French, it installs the first 3-4 files and suddenly the computer turn off. I have notice than even if I wait at the ''Select OS'' screen, the computer will turn off after a few seconds.

That's really bad :( Is it a BIOS problem?

I really hope you can help me solve this problem. :S

My config:
    120GB, 1GB RAM, 6 cell, Windows XP

Your help is invaluable. Thank you

wonk, Sep 15, 2008
  2. wonk

daldred

daldred, Sep 15, 2008
  3. wonk

Tavel

sounds obvious, but did you charge the battery? thats the only reason I could see for it to keep turning off at the same time regardless of what you do. If it was heat, it would shut off earlier as it heats up.

but it's probably not heat anyway because mine runs for 30 minutes before the fan turns on.

Tavel, Sep 15, 2008
  4. wonk

wonk

Oh, the problem was.. plainly stupid. Not from my part though. :?

It seems to be the fan. After reading, I noticed there were in fact no sound from the netbook. So I thought I was done considering that returning the product has a restocking fee (10-25%) + shipping.

Guess what I did? As my last resort, I slightly hit a few times the back of the netbook... I turned it on and voila! Not only I hear the fan, but it is now installing and it's almost done! :cool:

I'm just afraid that after moving to school and so on, the fan get disconnected again. I'm not sure the ''magic punch'' will always help if fan's connection is loosy. Can it be solved by opening the case? Is it hard and dangerous to access the fan? :?

Thanks for your tips!

wonk, Sep 15, 2008
  5. wonk

Shad0wguy

I had a similar issue with my Linpus based AAO. I was on the verge of calling for an exchange when I tried pulling the battery and running straight on AC power and it didn't shut itself off. I replaced the battery while the AAO was running and it didn't shut off. I tested it with a few shut down cycles and it has been working ever since. No clue what the issue was.

Shad0wguy, Sep 15, 2008
Ask a Question