First Time Buyer

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by palkiakerr, Sep 18, 2015.

1. palkiakerr

palkiakerr

Hello, this is my first time looking for a laptop to buy. I have been doing a considerable amount of searching and the best that I can come up with is a low-end acer and a low end toshiba sattalite.

My requirements are as follows:
    Decent barrery life 5-6hrs +
    Inter core i3 4th or 5th gen (Ive been told that theres not much performance difference?)
    4Gb Ram, 8Gb preferable
    Screen 13.3 - 15.6 inches, no touch if possible
    Light enough to comfortably carry about for school
    Good sized hard grive (750Gb-1Tb, will be dual booting Antergos with whatever version of windows it comes with)
    ---------
    It will mostly be used for standard internet and office applications but will ocassionaly be doing come light coding and maths

The budget set by my parents is £350, £375 at a streach
    Please no 2 in 1s

Thank you in advance

palkiakerr, Sep 18, 2015
  2. palkiakerr

ts_guest

I have had a Dell Inspiron N5050 for a few years and it's perfect for my needs.
    Has very good battery life, 4Gb Ram, screen is 15.6 inches, no touch. You can easily upgrade the Ram.
    It's light to carry around, yet is well made and sturdy. It is not my main computer, but when I need it, it works well for me.
    I browse the web, have several office applications installed, and have used it to play Scrabble online at the Internet Scrabble Club. I also use it when working on my websites.
    The price is very reasonable and within your budget. I'm fairly certain the price has gone down since I bought it. Check it out! Good luck to you.

ts_guest, Oct 24, 2015
  3. palkiakerr

Brijesh Gohil

Buy Lenovo G50, it will be best for your needs it has 6 GB RAM, Intel i5 4th gen, 1 TB HDD, weighs 4.6 pounds and has battery backup of 5 hours. There is not much difference in 4th and 5th gen processor, it is slightly more powerful and battery efficient.

Brijesh Gohil, Oct 26, 2015
Ask a Question