Fixed: Problem with Java

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Latebalazoo, May 19, 2009.

1. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Hey guys!

I have a problem that a Linux newbie like me can't solve :( I need to have Java working so I can access my work desktop. I did the Java installation like it was written in the macles* blog . But for some reason it doesn't work properly in my Firefox 2. Before I did the macles* guide, it just tried to open the applet (or what is it called) and after the macles* installation Firefox I get the "Click here to download plugin" and "Install missing plugin" things. So obviously I've done something (don't know if it is wrong or not).

Any ideas what and where I should start looking for an answer? :shock:

Latebalazoo, May 19, 2009
  2. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Re: Problem with Java

Could someone help me with this issue? I really need to have this working and have no clue what to do.

Latebalazoo, May 21, 2009
  3. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Re: Problem with Java

Hi again :)

I was wondering why this did not work for me and started to think outside the box :D It was not the guide that was faulty at all, it was me. As I am a newbie, for some reason I didn't put in the beginning su in the terminal (yes, I know, stupid me!) :oops:

At least it is working now :lol:

Latebalazoo, May 21, 2009
  4. Latebalazoo

DreamsCreator

I also get the "Install missing plugin" things after I follow the instruction.
    It still happen even I use "su" or "sudo"
    How can you fix this problem?

DreamsCreator, May 22, 2009
  5. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Which instructions do you follow? macles* or some other? Did you do the installation from the root or user terminal? You need to do it from the user terminal...
    Hmm... don't make sense to me, but that what I read somewhere :D

Latebalazoo, May 22, 2009
Ask a Question