Formatting my Aspire One

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by michael01215, Mar 14, 2009.

1. michael01215

michael01215

hello everyone.

my Aspire One is AOA 150. the 120GB windows xp version. i didn't make nay modifications, by the way.

the reason why i posted here is i need everyone's help :( my laptop, i think, got infected by a certain virus when i inserted a USB flash drive without scanning it, or when i downloaded a song that contained one. anyway, i need everyone's tip on whether i should reformat my laptop, because it's been acting really weird. it's slower than when i got it, and i often get blue screen messages when i'm playing music and at the same time running different programs (Yahoo! Messenger, Firefox, MS Word, etc.). again, i'm thinking of reformatting my laptop. is it a good idea? will my problems be solved when i do it? and if it's my best resort, what should i do first?

*by the way, my current memory status is 29.8 GB used (out of 105 GB).

i'm hoping for your quick and fruitful replies. thank you so much !! :D

michael01215

michael01215, Mar 14, 2009
  2. michael01215

treker

Re: Formatting my Aspie One

Even after removing a virus and restoring to an earlier date, I never feel quite secure. It's like I have been 'violated' and maybe something else is still there, lurking. Only after a complete format and reload do I feel safe again.

I now use Unetbootin and Ping software to make an image of my newly reformatted drive. Now it only takes a few minutes to completely reformat and reload my computer to its pristine state with a fresh install of XP, drivers, and programs. I just have to add my current data files.

treker, Mar 14, 2009
  3. michael01215

michael01215

Re: Formatting my Aspie One

i see. so, a simple right click on the hard drive and formatting C: will be safe? i'm so sorry if i'm asking a lot of questions, but i'm really scared to format my laptop; i'm afraid i might not be able to use it again. i will just back-up some important files (save them on another laptop?) and then go on with the formatting?

thank you, and i hope you guide me through this. it will really mean a lot :)

michael01215, Mar 15, 2009
Ask a Question