found some potentially bad news...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Anfernee, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Anfernee

Anfernee

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscent...t_to_netbooks_stay_tiny_or_pay_the_price.html

It seems that Windows is looking at sheer size over peripherals, when it comes to deciding on what a "netbook" is. I'm sure you can find bootleg versions when the official finished version comes out, but for running W7 netbook edition legally, you're stuck with 10 inches or smaller. IMO, this is a crying shame, because the 751h is a perfect compromise between portability and overall comfort. I consider it a netbook because of the intel atom processor, lack of optical drive, and under 12 inches.

Anyway, would you guys prefer this netbook edition, or the full version of windows 7?

Anfernee, Jun 10, 2009
  2. Anfernee

Tamrac

This just applies to OS that comes with a particular laptop when purchased. This does not mean it's illegal to install Win7 netbook edition to anything but netbooks hehehe. These are restrictions MS place to manufacturers. Just like as of the moment, manufacturers can only included XP if the RAM included w/ the system is 1Gb or lower. Any laptop that is sold with more than 1gb will require MS Vista to be the OS. Again it's perfectly legal to install any legit XP, Vista or Win7 on anything we wish as long as we purchased it legally. ;)

PS- I have Windows 7 Ultimate RC1 on my 10in HP Mini 1000, and have used it before on my AAO 8.9 as well. It runs so well that the only reason people would go for the netbook edition is for the cheaper purchase price.

Tamrac, Jun 10, 2009
Ask a Question