Framerate problem since I installed Vista

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nEvErLoOz, Sep 13, 2008.

1. nEvErLoOz

nEvErLoOz

High Everyone,

At your suggestion, I installed the video driver that give me 2.7 in video rating. Now my vista works pretty good but, I just finish to re-install all the games I tested in XP and I have now framerate problem in thoses games.

For example, Retur To Castle Wolfenstein was running at full speed with high graphic setting on my AAO when It was XP installed and now I got a lot of lag in this game with the same setting.

Is there something to do? Is this a video driver problem? Or is it simply because Windows Vista takes more memory than XP?

nEvErLoOz, Sep 13, 2008
  2. nEvErLoOz

prefix100

Installing Vista on an AAO is a crazy Idea.

The Intel Atom CPU will seriously struggle if you use vista, why not just use XP?

I mean your hardly going to be using directx 10 anyway, which is the only good reason for moving to vista.

prefix100, Sep 13, 2008
  3. nEvErLoOz

drkdagron

iv installed vista on my computer, and there hasn't been much of a performance hit, especially when it comes to gaming

drkdagron, Sep 13, 2008
  4. nEvErLoOz

nEvErLoOz

There is a lot of good reasons to move to vista, first of all vista is really beautiful, more powerful than xp (I use the Ultimate version), there is a lot more function for power user, better compatibility with my desktop (which is vista), etc, etc, etc. Seriously, Vista is a way better than XP, only people who never tried it complain about it! I'm on Vista on my desktop (Core2Duo 3.0Ghz, 4Gb DDR2 1066mhz, GeForce 8800GTS G92) since he's out and I'll never return to XP.

Installing vista on AAO sounds like a cray idea, I give it to you. But I decided to give it a try...in dual-boot and finally, it's surprising! You should try, it's really impressive! OS is pretty quick, sometimes more than XP, vista work at full speed on the AAO, even with AERO on!!!!

So...my question is not about vista, it's about framerate in my games.

nEvErLoOz, Sep 13, 2008
  5. nEvErLoOz

nEvErLoOz

Installation took me less than 1 hour.

Aero is a graphic theme in Windows Vista with a lot of transparency and 3d effects.

Regarding WindowsBlind, personally, it's something like the biggest piece of crap I never install on a computer. It takes so many ressources, whit this software XP become heavier than Vista.

nEvErLoOz, Sep 16, 2008
  6. nEvErLoOz

Mopeto

The Aero in Vista is Built-in on the OS, if you try some 3rd party software to make xp look like xp it will obliviously took more resources. Vista have better power-consumption system.

Mopeto, Oct 10, 2008
Ask a Question