FreeCiv with SDL

Discussion in 'Linux' started by therockfrog, Aug 4, 2008.

1. therockfrog

therockfrog

Hi,

I downloaded Freeciv with GTK and it doesnt fit on the screen so I read that I needed to download the SDL version. So, I went into package manager and checked the SDL and unchecked the GTK and downloaded....and now, the freeciv name isn't in games anymore. I ran the get install sdl thingy and it said the version installed was the latest SDL version. BUT, I cannot find where to go to run the program. I've searched through the USR area and the rest of the computer and can't find any kind of EXE-LIKE thing to run the game. I'm not sure where it is. Does anyone else have Freeciv and do you know the directory is where I can terminal into and run the game?

Thanks.

therockfrog, Aug 4, 2008
  2. therockfrog

hmraao

No .exe's in Linux. Application filenames are no different from other filenames. It's just their permissions that are different. They are executable. Simple.

As for where Freeciv's executable is, you'd better ask the package developers. You might find what you're after in the Client Manual.

Ephraim Tutt takes on the cases no one else wants. Tell Sid he's doing a grand job.

hmraao, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question