Freezes during Hibernation

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by zaraki, Feb 27, 2009.

1. zaraki

zaraki

Hi all, I recently bought my acer one, and installed some updates (not sure if thats the problem, just trying to be informative), and my computer has frozen several times while I try to hibernate it. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? How should I go about fixing it, and is there anything terribly wrong with my hardware? I still have enough time to return it for a new one if that's the case :/

zaraki, Feb 27, 2009
  2. zaraki

Tarheel72

Mine has only frozen twice, and both times it was after a Windows update session. It worked fine upon rebooting after the update and then I closed the lid and the next time I opened it nothing would happen. I had to do a manual reboot by holding down the power button for five seconds. However, on other occassions after a Windows update it has worked fine, so I am not sure what the connection might be. If it was like that after every update I would be more concerned. I have mine set to always on in the power managment settings, and never turn it off. Maybe that makes a difference, not sure. I keep it plugged in all the time.

Tarheel72, Mar 2, 2009
Ask a Question