Game problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by AceMeist0rr, Jan 20, 2010.

1. AceMeist0rr

AceMeist0rr

Hello reader,

Like the subject says, when I start up a game like Call of Duty 2, CoD Modern Warfare or anything else the game starts .. screen gets black and it pops back to windows. I have checked the latest drivers but I am fully sure I got everything. I think there's something wrong with a driver but I have no clue what that may be .. where the problem is. 99% a driver problem as my laptop is 1 month old.

Here my laptop specs

Acer Aspire 5732zg

15.6inch HD
    4gb DDR 3
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
    Intel pentium T 4300 2.1 GHZ 800mhz fsb

I have also flashed the right bios .. the latest from the acer website and all the latest drivers. On device management I see no question marks and everything works. Though I have the feeling the driver of my video card is not good or not working fully .. like there's missing something. If not, the games would have worked.

When I received the laptop and everything was pre-installed I had the same problem as now.

I have upgraded the win 7 home premium 64bit to win 7 ultimate 64bit but still got the problem with all the right drivers.

Please help because after 1 month I still have not figured it out.

AceMeist0rr, Jan 20, 2010
  2. AceMeist0rr

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

It is a long time since I played any of the CoD's but I'm sure there is a way to boot them up into a "Safe"mode style configuration with minimal settings.
    It sounds to me like they are trying to start with too high a setting in something and just bailing!

Might be worth a looksie

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Jan 20, 2010
  3. AceMeist0rr

AceMeist0rr

Nothing works. Tests been done with videocard and it's being compared to the performance of the nvidia 7800GTX. I am not keen on nvidia but just saying .. it should work.

This is the first time I bought radeon and heard great things but so far a simple driver is a problem. I got the catalyst 4000 series and it just doesn't show up any menu to change videocard options or whatever like I used to be able to. Like choosing: quality, performance or high performance..

If anyone could help me with a good driver or anything that would be great.. windows 7 ultimate x64 device manger seeing: Ati radeon mobility 4500 series .. seems to me that is quite global .. as this videocard should have the ability to game.. c

AceMeist0rr, Jan 25, 2010
Ask a Question