[GENERAL WARNING] - Non Aspire-One Models

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Swarvey, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Swarvey

Swarvey Moderator

This is a general warning to all users new and old.

These forums are here to support the Acer Aspire One series of Netbooks If you have any questions about other Acer models, be it desktop or notebook then post them in the appropriate (Off Topic) section.

Failing to comply with the forum rules will get you banned from the forums

From today (11-September-2010), any users caught posting about non Aspire One netbooks in the wrong section will be banned immediately

Swarvey, Sep 10, 2010
  2. Swarvey

Bramster

What happened to this forum ? First my post indicating I want to contribute is ignored and now this friendly mesage :?

Bramster, Sep 25, 2010
  3. Swarvey

Swarvey Moderator

Our admin (and forum owner) posted a poll about putting up new sections for non-aspire one models months ago. As a result there are new sections of the forum dedicated to non-Aspire One posts. People are simply not reading the forum rules, or kings previous warnings about postng in the appropriate areas. This is just another warning (and now global message accross all forums) that the rules ae there to be read & followed and there are appropriate areas for all messages.

Believe it or not, there are still people out there who don't to read the forum rules, nor abide by them and there's also people out there that still insist on asking for help with their desktop PC's in the AAO areas of the forums. These people will be banned in accordance with the rules of the forum.

Since the warning was posted there has been at least ONE person that has posted their message in the right area and they have been assisted.

Lets keep the forums clean people.

@Bramster
    As I said in response to your post, as soon as KiNG finds the time to get away from his personal life and visit the forums again, he will read your thread and respond to it as necessary. As I recall you and some others were asking how to donate to the forums, look towards the top-right of the forum index page, there is a Donation link there if you wish to help.

Lastly, I personally I don't think it's anyone's business how much the site costs, but if KiNG wishes to share this information he will, it is optional to donate, not necessary, every little bit helps

Swarvey, Sep 25, 2010
  4. Swarvey

Bramster

> I personally I don't think it's anyone's business how much the site costs

Seemed like a fair question to me. When someone asks for donations it is kind of important to know how much he needs.

Bramster, Oct 12, 2010
  5. Swarvey

Swarvey Moderator

Fine then, if you want to donate, then donate, if you don't want to donate, don't donate, if you want to know how much the site costs, then have some patience and wait for KiNG to respond, that is if he wants to.

Swarvey, Oct 13, 2010
Ask a Question