Getting Slackware 12.1 onto AA1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by alanine, Aug 31, 2008.

1. alanine

alanine

For anyone who is interested in getting Slackware onto AA1, here is a step-by-step instruction on how to do this:

http://thev.net/cgi-bin/awki.cgi/_Acer_Aspire_One_

To play safe, I first installed Slackware onto a USB drive, and then after making sure most things are working, migrated it back to local drive and replaced Linpus. Also I reused the kernel from Linpus, so that should ease some minds. For brave souls that have a taste for Slackware, you may want to give it a try.

One problem that keeps me from having a working ACPI script is that suspend to ram doesn't really work for X. Sure when you suspend and resume, X comes back no problem, but if you quit X (or X crashes) it won't be able to come back. It'll give a screen not found error. Hiberation through TuxOnIce works though, but it's a tad too slow.

So my question is, does anyone have this problem with other distros? Linpus basically reboots if X crashes so it doesn't count unless you've replaced the default one with gdm.

Also I'll appreciate any comments or suggestions on running Slackware on AA1. Thanks!

alanine, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question