Getting the Run Around

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by killie77, Apr 3, 2009.

1. killie77

killie77

Hi
    Been waiting for My Acer One to come back from Warranty Repair.
    Sent it of middle of Feb 09. Problem was not booting up with various error messages. This will be the second time it's been in for repair.
    Gave them a call Today for a progress report. Was told that the machine had been received for repair but due to the Screen being Cracked
    would not be repaired under Warranty. I explained to the guy that as far as I knew the Screen was intact when I put it in the Box
    I was then told they had checked the packaging which was the original Box it came in and had found no damage to it.
    So next step contacted the Courier who picked it up. They informed me that as I did not have an account with them I had to speak to the Warranty Repair people
    who arranged the Courier pick up. Well spoke to them they told me to phone (Acer UK) they also gave me a Ref No to quote. Spoke to them and surprise they told me to
    get back on to the Warranty repair.
    I'm getting the impression Acer doesn't want to know about this.
    any idea who i could contact any help would be much appreciated
    Regards
    Ian H

killie77, Apr 3, 2009
  2. killie77

Joe Foe from Buffalo

Not related to your concerns nor am I trying to highjack this post if you want to stay on your concerns...However I am getting a run around from Acer on getting a Acer 5800mah battery as seen in this post.
    viewtopic.php?f=75&t=12911

Joe Foe from Buffalo, Apr 3, 2009
  3. killie77

killie77

Hi
    Sorry to hear your in the same Boat as me.
    Im going to try them again on Monday and see if I can get some sense out of them. I haven't received the machine back
    even though they had it for six weeks. and the way it's going they can keep it till they fix it.
    Under warranty i hope :)

killie77, Apr 3, 2009
  4. killie77

shanghei

they screwed my screen up too and pretty much told me to go **** myself

shanghei, Jul 2, 2009
Ask a Question