Give me your thoughts on the best router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hellkat, Mar 14, 2016.

1. hellkat

hellkat

I am an avid user and need a strong wi-fi signal. I am not talking gaming type, but something that will allow me to be able to have multiple devices connected at once and get a good range. Anyone have any advice on a reasonably priced router that I can purchase. Links are helpful to so I can read the specs for myself. Thank you in advance.

hellkat, Mar 14, 2016
  2. hellkat

IcyBC

I bought my router at Best Buy almost two years ago and it is D-link! It functions fine for me and I don't remember the specs, but I think I was trying to go for the higher range. If you want to, you can search for router on Best Buy, Amazon, and eBay to read all the details to see which range would work out best for yourself.

IcyBC, Mar 16, 2016
  3. hellkat

Jonah_JJ

There are a few things to think about when you are getting a new router nowadays. The first is what speed of internet will be provided by your ISP. If you are doing less than 1gb speeds there are a number of routers which are probably more expensive than you need to spend. If your devices are a bit dated then go with wireless N capability rather than wireless AC (here's a good article that explains the difference, if you need it: http://homenetworkadmin.com/wireless-b-vs-g-vs-n-vs-ac-difference/ ) unless you are planning on getting new high use devices like a laptop or tablet for work.

I agree with @IcyBC - BestBuy is a good place to browse and likely buy a new router. Keep your eye out for sales :) Good luck!

Jonah_JJ, Mar 23, 2016
Ask a Question