Gmail problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by radissen, Sep 13, 2008.

1. radissen

radissen

I recently bought a apire one 150xp. Unfortunatly it was faulty and yesterday I got a replacement. The problem is that it is functioning very weirdly when I use gmail. For instance if it want to delete mails and try to cross them off it is like the page is refreshing itself instead and it is first when it has refreshed/reloaded the page again that I can cross off the ones I want to delete. Also it seems to slow down all the pages I am browsing when gmail is being used. Anybody experienced this?
    Also the internet connection seem to be very slow even though it says the connection is excellent....

radissen, Sep 13, 2008
  2. radissen

kc8sae

I have been using my new AAO for only a few days, but have had IE7 crash 90% of the time I try to open my messages in Gmail. I can read my list of messages in the inbox, I just can't open them. Sometimes it seems as though the page refreshes, without opening the message. And it is slow, slow, slow even though the connection is reported as excellent, full bars. Any suggestions?

kc8sae, Dec 31, 2008
  3. radissen

derick

Hello!

I recently received an Acer Aspire One and am having the same Gmail problems mentioned above. Gmail is so slow on my Aspire One that it is unusable. I am able to login in, and it loads my inbox contents, but it is ponderously slow about loading messages to read, and seems to self-select messages, and continuously refreshes the inbox.

Gmail has offered no trouble on any other machine in my house, on my network. Nor for visitor's machines. My network is operating fine with plenty of bandwidth. I do not experience similar troubles with other sites. Youtube, by example, shows videos without error. I should think that video playback is more taxing on the computer and on the network than email should be.

Any suggestions? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Derick

derick, Jan 1, 2009
  4. radissen

info

Do yourselves a big favor and download Firefox. Just click on the download link and it will, for the most part, install itself (I suggest installing it as the default browser which can be changed at any time). In the rare case that you come across a site that requires IE, download the add-on IE-Tab here and click on "Add to Firefox." It will not interfere with your present installation of IE which you can still use at any time. Linux users see the thread for Firefox on Linux.

Good Luck! :D

info, Jan 1, 2009
  5. radissen

derick

Thanks Info!

Thanks for your quick response. I installed Firefox and Gmail works fine now.

I wonder why IE 7 has trouble with Gmail on the AA1? For me, it works fine on all my other machines running same Windows XP and IE 7.

Anyway, good solution.

Thanks again,
    Derick

derick, Jan 2, 2009
Ask a Question