Gnucash and Kmymoney issues

Discussion in 'Linux' started by therockfrog, Aug 1, 2008.

1. therockfrog

therockfrog

Hi,

Am trying both of these programs on my One.

The gnucash runs fine but the bottom area of a lot of the screens is cut off....trying to figure out if there is any way to adjust either the program res or the screen to make the whole thing fit. One screen is the "add account" screen....the lower part is below the bottom of the screen so it's a pain to tab down there and hope its the Ok or ADD button and not the Cancel button I'm going to hit ENTER on.

As for Kmymoney, when I save my new information for the first time...the save screen comes up and the Location field is blank and expecting input...I put a name in there once but that didnt work...and there is no Browse button to find a Location..not sure what to do here...I spent a half hour entering then tried to save but it can't .

I'd love to use one of these two as I had used Quicken for Windows but really don't want to run that under Wine...would rather use Gnu or KMY.

Thanks for any help

therockfrog, Aug 1, 2008
  2. therockfrog

adipradana

No problem with kmymoney here. Although i didn't start a new account. I imported my old gnucash file from my ubuntu laptop and everything works perfect. Maybe you should try to create an account with gnucash then import it to kmymoney?

adipradana, Aug 2, 2008
Ask a Question