GOG.com?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Kei, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Kei

Kei

Well i was browsing the EEE forums and found this intresting little site for those of you having trouble finding games for your AAO

http://www.gog.com/en/intro

looks pretty intresting to me :p

Kei, Oct 10, 2008
  2. Kei

HyeVltg3

Pretty interesting there Kei!
    nice find.

HyeVltg3, Oct 14, 2008
  3. Kei

Kei

I know i so wanna get some stuff from them

Kei, Oct 14, 2008
  4. Kei

Spyder

At least when they classics, they know what they're talking about. The Fallout series is by far some of best games ever made.

Spyder, Oct 14, 2008
  5. Kei

Kei

Yeah i am just really worried as they are saying "It's so easy, your gramma’s probably already playing." I do not wanna get owned by a gramma.... :?

Kei, Oct 14, 2008
  6. Kei

Gallean

I wouldn't mind having a gramma who owned at games... ;)

"That's nothing...my gramma can..."

Gallean, Dec 12, 2008
  7. Kei

Niles

I'm one of their happy customers. Works perfectly fine. Prices aren't bad either.

Jagged Alliance series is a must if you enjoyed playing them earlier.

Niles, Dec 14, 2008
  8. Kei

Gallean

How does that site actually work?

Do you pay through a credit card and then they send you the CDs?

Or do you have to DL them yourself after you pay?

Sorry, I checked the site... but it says I have to register. I didn't really want to purchase anything- yet.

Gallean, Dec 16, 2008
  9. Kei

MDJ

I love GOG thus far. You can pay by CC or paypal, all the games are DRM-free so you don't have to search out no-cd cracks and such.

After you pay you download them, you can straight download or use their downloader... here's a pic of the downloader running on my aspire one.

[​IMG]

The cool thing is you get some extras with each download, avatars, pdf manuals, etc the GOG team does a pretty good job of making it worth the little money you pay.

*eh, looks like the picture got cut off, you can check it out on my site if you want; just scroll down
    http://mdj.us/gaming/

MDJ, Dec 17, 2008
  10. Kei

lankyjames

Nah, its just the way the forum handles images mate, just right click > view image to see the big version :)

Tried fallout, but i found it very slow paced, i just couldn't get along with the slow pace the turn based action etc, i spent about ten minutes not 100 yards from the entrance of vault 13 and got bored. Attacked by rats? God it sounds like oblivion all over again!

lankyjames, Dec 19, 2008
  11. Kei

Citizen86

Too bad, you're missing out on a great game.

And I am amazed with GOG.com, it's one of the best things in gaming news lately.

Citizen86, Dec 23, 2008
  12. Kei

Lenoig

Yeah, GOG is great...own a couple of games from there myself.

Their customer support is even fantastic :D

Lenoig, Dec 27, 2008
  13. Kei

Bradskey

I ran across that site the other day. I noticed they had some real oldies like Descent 1 and 2. I'm not exactly old myself, but I did buy a lot of those old games a decade ago. I heard somewhere that GOG uses DOSBox for their DOS games, which I had actually never heard of until I found it in a batch of freebies recommend for the Aspire ONE. So even though GOG is cheap, I thought why buy what I already own? I installed DOSBox and dug out my old copy of Descent. There were a couple of tricks to get it installed but pretty easy to figure out really. When I got it running it was flawless, absolutely perfect full-performance emulation with perfect sound and music also. Game play was so smooth with the ONE keyboard and a bluetooth mouse. Now I can totally relive this classic on the go. I also loaded up the original Tomb Raider, need to get Quake on here and find some other great oldies to play on this gadget. :D

Bradskey, Jan 3, 2009
Ask a Question