Graphics Issue on D250 *think driver*

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by riana, Mar 5, 2010.

1. riana

riana

In the Driver window both drivers have a yellow exclamation on it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck - In the display properties its limited to 800x600 and I can not switch between display and external. Any suggestions? I am trying to Install the driver off of the Acer site. :?

riana, Mar 5, 2010
  2. riana

riana

Any help with this?

riana, Mar 6, 2010
  3. riana

Swarvey Moderator

Which display driver is already installed? can you post a screen shot of your device manager with the Display Adapters section expanded? Which operating system are you using?

Swarvey, Mar 6, 2010
  4. riana

riana

Which display driver is already installed?
    Intel VGA Driver 8.15.10.1867 Mobile Intel (R) 945GSE Express Chipset

Can you post a screen shot of your device manager with the Display Adapters section expanded?
    Once I get home will post picture, it shows all drivers installed but the two display drivers installed but with a yellow exclamation on it. If I uninstall and reinstall I get the same thing. After uninstall I'll get the default VGA driver then I'll update and seems to install normal - after reboot I'll get again the exclamations

Which operating system are you using?
    XP SP3

riana, Mar 6, 2010
  5. riana

riana

I still have the problem, i am trying to attach a file but get this message

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Any help will be appreciated thanks! :roll:

riana, Mar 8, 2010
  6. riana

Swarvey Moderator

What I'd be doing if I was in your situation, would be:

1- Re-download and reinstall the drivers for the chipset and graphics from the Acer website (put them on a USB stick for safe-keeping and easy-access
    Chipset v8.3.0.1018 here
    VGA (graphics) v6.14.10.4926 here
    --if that doesn't fix the problem--
    2- Try a Windows System Restore (not a factory restore) to an earlier date before the problem ocurred, THEN try reinstalling the drivers
    --if that doesn't work--
    3- Grab a Windows disk and attempt a repair-install then try reinstalling the drivers
    --if that doesn't work--
    4- Backup and try a factory restore

Now, supposing you get a stable system with the Acer-release drivers after any of the above steps then attemp to download and install the later version you're having problems with.

Please note: the drivers linked to above are the latest available for the D250 from the Australian Acer support website. They were the latest available from Acer Australia at the time of posting this.

Swarvey, Mar 8, 2010
Ask a Question