Guide to Obtaining/Installing/Optimizing Windows 7 on AAO

Discussion in 'Windows' started by elBradford, Jan 19, 2009.

1. elBradford

elBradford

Posted here at my blog. Hope this is helpful to someone.

I love Windows 7 on my AAO. I was running Vista, and while it ran well, it just didn't fit (I never liked XP on it). Windows 7 feels like it fits on my little guy.

elBradford, Jan 19, 2009
  2. elBradford

elBradford

After using Windows 7, I've run into the following issues:

WLAN light doesn't work. When WLAN is turned off, the computer still thinks it has a wireless adapter active, but it won't find any access points. It's tricky to troubleshoot since the lights don't indicate anything, but if you're having issues connecting try toggling the WLAN switch and waiting a second.

Also, some explorer windows are blank. I am not sure what causes this problem. I can type in explicit directories and access them that way, but starting from Computer doesn't work most of the time as nothing is displayed. It seems kind of random because it happens sometimes with Control Panel, or Windows Update. I haven't seen anyone else with this issue however.

elBradford, Jan 30, 2009
  3. elBradford

DynaMight

Wifi can be sorted with the driver in here: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=10036 I havent had a problem since.

Not sure about the directory problem, I run Win7 on my desktop PC (pretty much 24/7 since release a few weeks ago) and on my Acer, I've not encountered it. make sure you send feedback to MS, it may help them fix the bug for the future.

DynaMight, Jan 30, 2009
  4. elBradford

verakot

Sorry, looks like you blog is dead...

verakot, Jan 31, 2009
  5. elBradford

elBradford

Wow, thanks for that link. It works beautifully! The updated chipset driver increased my Processor Subscore on the Windows Experience Index from 2.1 to 2.3. That's great!!

Yeah, I thought Vista would be like XP and allow me to swap out a motherboard and at MOST require me to reactivate. It's back up now though!

elBradford, Feb 4, 2009
Ask a Question