Hating the GMA 500

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Is anyone else completely hating this card. I figured the driver support would be a bit better and I wish that I could play older games like Everquest, and age of empires, is there anything i can do to get better performance other than wait and pray? Kind of wishing I had the 950. ; ;

Guest, Nov 3, 2009
  2. Guest

r00n

Why do you buy a netbook for playing games?
    I don't like the GMA500 as it not supported by Ubuntu and thats the only reason.. I love my netbook :)

r00n, Nov 3, 2009
  3. Guest

konradfgh

Try Intel's IEGD 10.2 driver(in new 10.2 version Counter-Strike runs smoothly in openGL mode than in 10.1) , because it enables openGL . It's only for Windows XP. You can find it on intel's website.

konradfgh, Nov 4, 2009
  4. Guest

scwinn

I bought a Gateway LT31 a very similar netbook. I also have the 751h. But the Gateway product has a Radeon 1270 video card, a less bouncy keyboard (that annoyed me about the 751h) and a more powerful AMD L110 CPU. The downside? Forget about using batteries for longer than 2 hours.

I do find the LT31 a better made and better designed machine. And as another poster said, no LINUX support on the 751h.

Anyone want to purchase my 751h with a ligit copy of Windows 7 on it.

scwinn, Nov 4, 2009
  5. Guest

utar

@scwinn

There are linux drivers available for the GMA500. I have a fully accelerated desktop and can play accelerated 720p videos through mplayer very well.

You may want to check the following:

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/08/10 ... z-support/

The drivers are for Fedora (which I am running) although if you are a linux expert I assume you could get them running on any flavour of linux.

utar, Nov 4, 2009
  6. Guest

r00n

Thanks!... Sure that I will give it a try, but don't know when yet... There is no reason for me to stay in Windows 7 when Ubuntu is running with some desktop features :)

r00n, Nov 5, 2009
Ask a Question