Have anyone tryed this??

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by blizzerdz, Sep 23, 2008.

1. blizzerdz

blizzerdz

Hi,
    Let me first introduce my self, I am a man from norway,24 years, a computer fanatic.hehe.. So I bought a aspire1 and now i whant to try osx...
    SO,
    I have searched the nett for a simple solution about the wifi in my aspire1 and osx.. and I found one, but I am not sure if it is gonna work on this wifi...
    here is what i found at insanlymac..
    http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... &hl=ar5006

Here is what my mandriva says about the driver for my wifi...

Atheros communications inc-AR5006EG 802.11 b/g Wireless PCI Express. Is this the correct card? I know that some of the linuxes are telling ppls different things, and I cant find out if its AR5006EG or if its a different moddel...

I whant to run osx on my aa1, but I need a driver.. I dont whant to change the wifi card in my comp, because of my warrenty...

Sorry for my bad english..

Regards

blizzerdz, Sep 23, 2008
  2. blizzerdz

dfiore

blizzerdz,

there is no known way at this time to get this wifi card working. Its rather trivial to put in a new wifi card and change it back if you ever need to have the unit serviced.

dave

dfiore, Sep 23, 2008
  3. blizzerdz

blizzerdz

Hi, and thnx for the reply... In norway we have a store warrenty that goes on after the acer warrenty.. and if I figgel with any komponents my self, I will violate that warrenty and loose it, I need to deliver it to a repare shop to add components and change components, and that is pretty expensive here in norway...

But is there a known USB dongle that work? I bought a dlink DIR-301 kit, with a usb dongle some time ago, maybe that can work? If i can find tho.hehe..

Isnt there anyone who have managed to get some sort of driver working on osx?

Regards

blizzerdz, Sep 23, 2008
  4. blizzerdz

dfiore

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... 2#Wireless

that outta help you find a usb wifi dongle that will work for you. i have personally used the belkin wireless n dongle. while it works fine, it is not controlled via apple software and the software it uses is a hack at best. but it works.

dave

dfiore, Sep 23, 2008
  5. blizzerdz

rory

some sort of driver for the onboard wlan?
    no it wont work
    its not properly identified by the pci bus so wont work.

rory, Sep 23, 2008
  6. blizzerdz

blizzerdz

Ok, I found a app for mac, it is supposed to work with every atheros based wireless cards...

http://www.orangeware.com/endusers/wirelessformac.html

The program has a trial version, so it is able to test it out and give some feedback... Since I still havent installed mac yet, I cant do any testing...

So pleas, give me some feedback, because I cant install mac atm...

But, one last thing.. Does the regular ethernett controller work in osx? WIRED? If so I can install the osx, and try the app my self..

Regards

blizzerdz, Sep 23, 2008
  7. blizzerdz

dfiore

the wired nic works, but the driver does not support bonjour. i chose not to install the wired driver so that i could keep bonjour on the wireless.

dave

dfiore, Sep 23, 2008
Ask a Question