HD playback on Jaunty

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bear-lt, Sep 30, 2009.

1. bear-lt

bear-lt

Hello!

I'm using VLC player on my Aspire One A110 and am having an issue playing 720p videos. Either they have huge frame drop, either they run very slow (running on MPlayer with frame dropping disabled). Am I the only one who's experiencing such a problem?

Thank you!

bear-lt, Sep 30, 2009
  2. bear-lt

Ceno

Have you ever seen your model playing HD? I have the first model that came out and I honestly think it's the hardware that's not fast enough. If anyone could prove me wrong, shit, that would make my day.

Ceno, Oct 4, 2009
  3. bear-lt

Nudnik_de

Hej Bear-it, in general the A110 is capable of playing 720p. It depends on the codec that is used for compression. Higher compression rates might cause issues. I have had no issues so far with VLC as well with kaffeine playing 720p. As a reference I suggest that you download the Open Source Movie Big Buck Bunny in 720p. http://www.bigbuckbunny.org I have it in OGG which runs great but there also other formats available. Just give it a try. You could use it as reference.

Nudnik_de, Oct 10, 2009
Ask a Question