HDD not found during OS installation

Discussion in 'Storage' started by elnbubba, Jun 6, 2010.

1. elnbubba

elnbubba

I have an Acer Aspire KAV60 (A0D250) Netbook. I have been trying to install Win XP Pro w/ the use of an external CD drive. I have used this same drive in other endeavors, and it worked just fine. The Windows installation starts just fine, but then it keeps saying that it can’t fine the HDD. I took the original HDD out, and replaced it with a known good HDD. The installation process did exactly the same thing, so I put the original HDD back in. I have checked the internet for an answer, but I’m running out of time to get this done. Could someone please help me with this issue?

elnbubba, Jun 6, 2010
  2. elnbubba

Swarvey Moderator

When you say it proceeds with the installation but fails to find the drive, do you mean in text mode? or in the graphical portion of the installation?

Check your BIOS settings to see if the HDD is in AHCI or IDE mode, put it in IDE mode for Windows XP installer to see it in text mode, or find the drivers and create an AHCI WinXP install

Swarvey, Jun 9, 2010
  3. elnbubba

elnbubba

Thanks so much for the info. This has been a bad week. I might not be able to try this ‘till the weekend.

elnbubba, Jun 9, 2010
Ask a Question