Headphone and speaker switching problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rjm, Aug 23, 2008.

1. rjm

rjm

Linpus Lite (VLC player, Skype installed, no other changes)

Try this:

Play some music with Media Master through the built in speakers. Plug in some headphones. As it should do, the main speaker mutes and the sound comes through the headphones. Now mute the sound with Fn-F8 .. fine, it mutes. Now unmute it... now the sound comes from both the headphones AND the internal speakers!

Try again, play music through the speakers, plug in headphones ... adjust the volume with Fn-up/down arrow. The sound mutes completely! Unmute the sound with Fn-F8, sound is now from speakers and headphones!

Is this a known bug? Does it work properly before VLC and/or Skype? I couldnt find anything searching the forum...

rjm, Aug 23, 2008
  2. rjm

rjm

Just downloaded a whole whack of updates from the Live Update utility. Since a couple went automatically earlier today when I first connected the machine I figured it was automatic. Unless they were just posted, they were not automatic. Anyway, the downloads included a patch for the sound driver.. and - JOY - it fixed the issue.

My opinion of Acer and the whole support of the A1 has just gone up by a factor of 10. Not that it was bad before, but they really look to be on the ball with bug fixes for this machine.

Major kudos, and thanks.

[yet another post from my A1. I just realised I can essentially do what passes in my case for touch typing on this little guy .. awsome!]

rjm, Aug 23, 2008
  3. rjm

IslandBookworm

Uh oh. Something like this just happened to me. I was playing a video from BBC and I plugged in my headphones, and nothing happened. I did install Nero today---could that be the problem?

When you say updates, do you mean Windows updates?

IslandBookworm, Aug 24, 2008
  4. rjm

dandesigns

this is the linux thrread, so no windows here. :) he means linux linpus updates.

dandesigns, Aug 24, 2008
  5. rjm

IslandBookworm

Oops, sorry, I got here via search. My apologies! :oops:

IslandBookworm, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question