Headphone's not being detected (Win XP)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by $tressedEric, Apr 23, 2010.

1. $tressedEric

$tressedEric

There is no sound from my headphone jack. My headphones are not detected and the sound continues to come from the speakers when the headphones are plugged in. The sound doesn't seem to be auto-switching from the speakers to the headphone jack.

Everything worked fine yesterday and the laptop has not been moved so I am not convinced this is a hardware issue. I have checked all device drivers are working correctly. I have searched this forum and googled but besides finding other people with similar issues I have not found a fix.

I am running WinXP with Realtek HD audio. Does anyone have an opinion on this issue or has anyone suffered a similar problem?

This is a pain because I like to watch TV on my netbook, using headphones, when my wife is watching Glee or Gray's Anatomy. So please help if you can :(

Thank you

$tressed Eric

$tressedEric, Apr 23, 2010
  2. $tressedEric

Swarvey Moderator

Reaaltek Audio chips started coming out with "Jack Sensing" a while ago, maybe check / disable that if you can?

Swarvey, Apr 27, 2010
  3. $tressedEric

$tressedEric

Thanks I'll look into it.

$tressedEric, Apr 28, 2010
Ask a Question