help blank screen at startup!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kallum, Jan 31, 2009.

1. kallum

kallum

hi, i tried to uninstall compiz, I typed compiz into synaptic? deleted everything what came up.. my desktop went black and the menu wouldnt come up, so i restarted and ever since then it doesnt boot up no more. It gets past the aspire one bit but then the screen is black and i can only see my mouse :cry: is there any way i can fix this? Thanks

kallum, Jan 31, 2009
  2. kallum

yudih

Yesterday, My AOA 150, 120 GB HDD and 1 Gb DDR2 also won't boot at all :-/and only black screen and no activity at all.
    I went back to ACER service centre, the CS just revised the BIOS with the new version V.3309 and now my AO works fast and stable. :D
    Previously, my BIOS is V.3114 , So my suggestion try to update the BIOS to V3309 which is much faster and stable, and the Battery also has longer life.
    :)

yudih, Feb 1, 2009
  3. kallum

cyphillm3

I had a similar problem when uninstalling Banshee. I think that I removed a file that controls the display for the desktop in error also.

Not sure if there is a fix, but I just reinstalled linux using the recovery disc.

cyphillm3, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question