Help! Botched WiFi Driver Update!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by midwinter, Oct 21, 2008.

1. midwinter

midwinter

Hi all.

I attempted, stupidly, to update my WiFi drivers to the ones here in the downloads section. I don't know much about Windows anymore (the last time I used it was when it was '98), and so I did the following:

1) in the device manager, selected the atheros network adapter and chose "update driver"
    2) told this dialog (which curiously tells me to click "OK" when there's not an "OK" to click) where the driver was.
    3) A list of compatible hardware came up. It asked me to click my device (I have no idea which it is) and click the non-existent OK button. I clicked "next."
    4) It went through some activity and then tells me that the file is incompatible.

Now my Wifi doesn't work.

I went back to the device manager and found that I now have a new item—Packet Scheduler Miniport #3—which has a yellow exclamation point on it. I cannot uninstall it.

Can someone please walk me through how to fix this? At this point, I just want it back the way it was.

midwinter, Oct 21, 2008
  2. midwinter

midwinter

Nevermind. Managed to get it all back to stock.

midwinter, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question