HELP!! Cant re-install windows xp and linux

Discussion in 'Windows' started by wolpz, Sep 22, 2009.

1. wolpz

wolpz

Help me asap please. my ssd hard drive suddenly messed up, i cant install either Windows Xp or Linux Linpus OS. The SSD drive always shows up a green light indicator on my aspire one. I cant format my ssd drive. It happened 2 days after i performed the FBWF technique on my AAO. Please help me. Thanks very much in advance.. :shock:

wolpz, Sep 22, 2009
  2. wolpz

melhiore

If you run Live version of any Linux system can you see SSD partition?? Can you write to it or is completely "invisible"?? If you can see SSD you can try to reformat SSD this way. If not looks like your SSD gone down...

melhiore, Sep 22, 2009
  3. wolpz

wolpz

Oh well, it looks like i have to replace it with a new hard drive, can i put a 120gig 2.5" SATA on my SSD version? tnx alot mate. :shock:

wolpz, Sep 23, 2009
  4. wolpz

melhiore

SSD version does not have SATA connector. So if you do not have good soldering skills I would not recommend that. If you are brave enough to try you need to get SATA connector and solder it to mobo. In the forum there is step by step How-to showing how to do this modification. Try in Hardware Hacks section...

melhiore, Sep 23, 2009
  5. wolpz

wolpz

Tnx very much, melhiore. Umm, but at least i can put a 1.8" hdd pata on my AAO? right? tnx alot.

wolpz, Sep 24, 2009
  6. wolpz

melhiore

You can put every HDD with ZIF connector. That's what you have already in mobo and SSD. I would recommend ex-iPod HDDs as they are ZIF. I think every one up to 60GB where Apple used different type of connector - correct me someone if I'm wrong.

melhiore, Sep 24, 2009
Ask a Question