Help connecting to my NSLU2

Discussion in 'Networking' started by veezavee, Sep 14, 2008.

1. veezavee

veezavee

I'm trying to accessing a network share that resides on my Linksys NSLU2 (Network Storage Link) which has been UnSlung to firmware 6.8. I am using pyNeighborhood on the AA1 and am able to see the network shares on the NSLU2 and can mount the shared directories, but when I try to access any file on the share, I get a "Failed to open file... Permission Denied" error.

I have gone through the installation instructions for pyNeighborhood and created a new folder to mount the share to in at /home/user/lan, making sure that I had the right permissions set up for the folder. However, I noticed that the permissions for the subfolders of the mounted share are different. For example, the /home/user/lan folder has the owner listed as "user" which makes sense since I created that folder specifically to mount the shares, but the /home/user/lan/slug01/john folder has the owner listed as "2000" and the /home/user/lan/slug01/disk02 folder has the owner listed as 502. I can access files on the shares as root, but would prefer to be able to access all files as user.

BTW, when I mount the drives in pyNeighborhood, I do have to specify a user name and password which I set up on the NSLU2 long ago. Also, I can mount Windows shares, no problem so I assume there is some additional authentication involved when accessing Linux shares.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

veezavee, Sep 14, 2008
  2. veezavee

crasher

Did you ever resolve your problem?

I have a wired network at home and cannot work out how to get my Acers to see and access files held on my NAS (Buffalo Terastation).
    Would appreciate any pointers.

Cheers

crasher, Jan 15, 2009
Ask a Question