Help Drivel Blog Editor

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Help wanted please. I tried to install 'Drivel Blog Editor' and everything was going fine using 'PIRUT' and now the standard opening screens have vanished.
    All I have is the search box at top right with Internet or Desktop options and menu bar in bottom. The rest of the screen is black. I have restarted but this is all I get. Help Please. Linux newbie..

Guest, Jan 11, 2009
  2. Guest

daldred

OK, let's start by getting you a desktop back, if possible...

If you press ALT-F2, do you get the 'run program' dialog? If you do, then type in 'Terminal' and click 'run'; then in the terminal window which comes up type 'xfdesktop2'.

It's quite likely that you won't get your desktop back, but if you don't you should at least get an error message which might help here.

Unfortunately you presumably can't easily cut and paste it into a message on your One - either you'll have to copy it in manually, or type 'mousepad' in the terminal, copy the messages out of the terminal and paste into the mousepad screen, then save that as a file to a USB stick and use that to get the messages over to a machine from which you can post here.

daldred, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question